Be inspired by a hub of artistic expression, from crafts to classics and folk to rock-‘n-roll.
- Stroll the halls of the Asheville Art Museum, browse countless regional galleries, and admire our city’s urban murals.
- Venture into the River Arts District, where more than 200 artists open their studios to the public. Then browse unique shops like Marquee and Records in the RAD.
- Attend live concerts at renowned venues like The Orange Peel, Salvage Station, and The Grey Eagle. Experience why Rolling Stone has heralded Asheville as the “New Must-Visit Music City.”
- Connect year-round with our community at homegrown festivals. Listen to the vibrant rhythms of Goombay, take in the creativity of Asheville Art in the Park, embrace our inclusive spirit at Blue Ridge Pride, and bask in the enchanting glow of Winter Lights.
Explore 500,000 acres of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Embark on an adventure with our Outdoor Programs tailored for all skill levels, including hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, and river rafting.
- Check out a free commuter bike, perfect for rides along seven city greenways, including the scenic Glenn’s Creek Greenway connecting campus to downtown.
- Relax on a lazy afternoon tubing down the French Broad River, one of the oldest rivers in the world.
- Drive along the iconic Blue Ridge Parkway and stop at a scenic overlook for breathtaking mountain views.
Find your new favorite spot downtown, where urban adventure meets small-town charm.
- Meet up with friends at Summit Coffee Co., tour Citizen Vinyl and see records being pressed, or pick up a staff favorite novel at the locally-owned Malaprop’s Bookstore.
- Score unique treasures from eclectic shops like Whist and thrift stores in West Asheville.
- Satisfy your culinary cravings with cheap eats at a local cafe, or enjoy a James Beard award-winning meal during Asheville’s annual Restaurant Week.
- Travel back in time and learn our history at the Biltmore Estate, America’s Largest Home.
- Level up with unlimited gaming at the Asheville Pinball Museum.
- Pop into Asheville Pizza & Brewing, where a $3 movie and a delicious slice create the perfect low-key night out.