Stay on Track with your courses for financial aid eligibility
Stay Focused | Graduate on Time | Lower Your Costs
Course Program of Study (CPOS) is a U.S. Department of Education requirement that only considers courses counting toward a student’s program of study for financial aid eligibility. This federal requirement is not new but is monitored at UNC Asheville through a reporting process beginning with Fall 2024 registration (April 2024).
Federal financial aid is only awarded for courses included in your program of study.
Your program of study includes your Liberal Arts Core requirements, your major requirements, and any elective hours needed to reach the 120 total hour requirement. To receive a full financial aid award, your coursework must include a minimum of twelve (12) undergraduate hours from your program of study each spring and fall semester. If a student’s credit hours do not meet this requirement, financial aid eligibility is reduced. This new reporting process helps you lower the cost of your education and stay focused with financial aid, course registration, and your graduation timeline.
|Total Registered Hours||Hours That Count||Hours That Don’t Count||Student Aid Eligibility|
Stay on Track
- Know your degree requirements. Check the University Catalog.
- Review your GradPlan to see which of your courses count toward your program of study.
- Register for a minimum of 12 hours from your program of study each spring and fall semester.
- Meet with your academic advisor if you are considering changing, dropping or withdrawing from a class. Then check with the Office of Financial Aid as this may affect your aid.
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid if you’re unsure if you meet eligibility for your financial aid.
- Your hours for financial aid will be locked at census (the 10th day of the semester).
Check your Status
Not yet available – Available during Fall 2024 Registration (April 2024)
- How to check in OnePort for courses not counting in aid
- Visit OnePort to access Financial Aid Self Service and GradPlan